With offices in Schaumburg and Lincolnshire, Sharanya Gururajan has more than a decade worth of experience representing clients in both federal and state courts in Illinois. Having practiced in both litigation and transactional matters, Sharanya Gururajan has the unique ability to analyze complex legal and financial situations from several different vantage points in order to direct clients towards pragmatic and cost efficient solutions. Whether it be a financial problem or the task of selling or purchasing a new home or taking on the role of an Executor to administer the estate of a deceased friend or family member, Sharanya approaches every legal problem with compassion, attention to detail and effective legal strategy. Sharanya’s primary focus is to educate her clients regarding all options available under the law so they feel empowered to make sound decisions regarding their own legal matter. By choosing SG LAW, you can rest assured that you will remain informed and educated at all times on all aspects of your case, including legal strategy and forecast of legal budget.
Sharanya Gururajan is fluent in the south Indian languages of Tamil and Kannada and enjoys working with individuals and businesses from various ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Born in the United States and raised in Chennai, India, Sharanya has the unique ability to analyze legal problems from different perspectives taking into account cultural sensitivities to help achieve a good solution for all parties involved.
Cum Laude graduate of University of Illinois College of Law, Urbana-Champaign, 2005
- Vice Chair of Debtor Creditor Rights Committee of the Lake County Bar Association, 2014-2016
- Chair of the Debtor Creditor Rights Committee of the Lake County Bar Association, 2017-present
- Voluntary Speaker for the Credit Abuse Resistance Education Program (“CARE Chicago”)
- Member of the Lake County Bar Association
- Member of the Chicago Tamil Sangam
- Member of BNI Network International (“BNI”)
- Member of ARAG Attorney Network